About the Auxiliary

About the Auxiliary

Founded in 1944 as a way for community members to give back to the hospital, the AAMC Auxiliary has gone from being the “Pink Ladies” to the “Blue Crew” and is an integral part of the organization’s mission of providing patient-centered high quality healthcare services to the community.

Auxiliary members total more than 500 volunteers who serve in more than 30 different services on the main campus and in the many satellite centers spread around the community. There are a varieties opportunities for evening and weekend volunteer work. Volunteer assignments are based on the volunteer’s interest, schedule, and the hospital’s needs.